Monday, June 27, 2011

Meatballs and SARAH LEE!

Yay for days off!!!! 
I have another day off for the wonderful Sarah Lee :D! So since I am starving right now, I am making meatballs! I will be also making a deLICIOUS gravy and white rice to go along with the  meatballs! Instead of the standard ground beef, I'm using ground turkey and ground chuck because I think they give better flavor :) Not only does this combination give off better flavor (in my opinion) since chuck is a bit fatty, and turkey is lean, they balance each other out well! When you have ground turkey and ground chuck in hand, you can always make these delicious meatballs and enjoy food at its simplest :) 

Ingredients 

~1 lb ground chuck

~1 lb ground chuck 

~2 slices of fresh bread 

~1 egg 

~2 Tbs. (Tablespoon) Italian (opt) bread crumbs 

~1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

~1 Tsp. (teaspoon) garlic powder

~1 Tsp. Italian seasoning  

Gravy

~1 can cream of mushroom

~1 cup white wine 

Step 1: First, preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Then mix all the meatball ingredients together in a bowl and start making meatballs out of the mixture. They should be a little bigger than a golfball, like a bouncy ball, but you can make them whatever size you would like! Place the meatballs on the bottom of a pan coated with olive oil. At this point, we're just browning the meatballs, so brown the meatballs evenly on all sides. 

Step 2: Place the meatballs in an oven-safe dish. Then put the meatballs in the oven for 30 minutes if they're about the size of golfballs. If they're bigger then the time varies, most likely needing more time for bigger ones. While the meatballs are still baking, deglaze the skillet with white wine. Turn the temperature to low, and let it simmer for about a minute. Add the cream of mushroom soup, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salf and pepper to taste, and then let it simmer more for about a minute. 





Step 3: The rice at this point should be already done and ready to be eaten. Once the meatballs are done, serve them and enjoy! :) 

~ Lena and Sarah Lee!

No comments:

Post a Comment